Your Spiritual Link
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can all get together....and discus our abilities...and spiritual topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Greetings welcome to the forum!Basically this is a forum where we can all get together and discuss our abilities and spiritual topics and plenty more.Its a forum where we don't judge but accept you for who you are.We are always looking forward for people who are open minded!So come join the family!

Share | 

Finding One's own path

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bowawob

bowawob

Finding One's own path _
PostSubject: Finding One's own path   Finding One's own path I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:17 am

The world is full of established ideas put forth by those who have been 'down that road before,' though all ideas are contextually subjective and should not be applied universally. However, individuals are often raised and conditioned to believe some ideas are fact, and that they are the only sense of truth that is real, due to the insistence of their mentors, be it religion, society, family or otherwise.

It is often very difficult to learn to place separation between what comes from self and what comes from without, or to learn how to trust the appropriateness of either without a 'destination' to help judge the goodness or badness of anything for our health and growth. How can we ever know we are on the 'right' path? Is it only in knowing that we have chosen it completely, and are fully aware of the morality of our actions? Or is it enough that we are healthy and still living?
Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

Finding One's own path _
PostSubject: Re: Finding One's own path   Finding One's own path I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:47 am

The choices you make, the things you think & feel are all based on YOUR reality - Because reality is relative to the individual (you).

Everything you perceive comes through your reality, a wrapper around what i call "Actual Reality". Actual reality is the plane of reality where things actually happen, actual reality is where 2 + 2 = 4 and everything, for lack of better word, is real.

(dont worry, I'm going somewhere with this)

Then we have OUR reality, a wrapper around actual reality. This reality is our own little world so to speak. Everything we perceive to be real comes through & from this wrapper.

Alright, so by now you're familure with the two different types of reality? What's actually real & what you THINK is real.

If you think you've taken the right spiritual path, then you have. What deam to be good or bad is also relative. It's why we all have different opinions and thoughts. It's what makes us unique. Right & Wrong is simply a version a reality.

Back to top Go down
bowawob

bowawob

Finding One's own path _
PostSubject: Re: Finding One's own path   Finding One's own path I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:40 am

Good response, Martyr.

So are you saying it doesn't matter what 2+2 equals if I am confident that it equals whatever I say it does?

Also, the reality I 'THINK is real' is based upon the framework of my PERCEPTIONS of actual reality; is there a way of knowing that my wrapper truly wraps actual reality?
Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

Finding One's own path _
PostSubject: Re: Finding One's own path   Finding One's own path I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:08 am

2+2 can equal 1273 if you truly believe it does. Like a guy who has little green men talking to him - In 'actual reality' these little green men don't exist, but in his reality they do.

Where actual reality comes in is complicated - you and i will never be able to experince actual reality. On one hand it doesn't exist because no one will ever be able to see it, feel it or even percieve actual reality as it is. On the other hand it does exist, because it HAS to.

A basic example of this is a girl gets raped - In actual reality she was raped, there's no emotion or feeling in actual reality, it just happend. In her reality she was raped & goes on to kill herself because of the emotions invovled - the very ones she came into contact with through her wrapper around actual reality.

Should our wrappers not exist we would all be blank, emotionless, carbon copies of eachother because our perceptions would be the same. Humour wouldn't, in fact, couldn't exist - nor can any emotion exist in actual reality.

Your wrapper of reality is wrapped around actual reality, this is fact. How you perceive this reality purly depends on how fucked up wrapper is. =p

Oh, and to answer your question more directly - "is there a way of knowing that my wrapper truly wraps actual reality?" - No. There isn't, simply for the reasons explained above =)
Back to top Go down
bowawob

bowawob

Finding One's own path _
PostSubject: Re: Finding One's own path   Finding One's own path I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:00 am

I believe I've reached a comfort level on the above subject matter except on one front-

Where Two Paths Become a Third

I feel compelled to desire for a woman to share the understanding of all of this. I still desire for companionship, the context of which includes open communication and trust. I feel a need for a spiritual intimacy but my insistence on philosophical acknowledgement cuts me off from most women I meet, and even physical intimacy with them, because to me they are all tied together, they are all a part of 2+2+2=connection, understanding, and a sense of reality I don't feel ashamed to bring offspring into being under the light of.

Though I suppose none of this really matters, I refuse to abandon my ideal principles as a waste, though such can be seen as strength or weakness.
Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

Finding One's own path _
PostSubject: Re: Finding One's own path   Finding One's own path I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:05 am

Why would companion ship require you to abandon your ideals & principles?

I used to be a Satanist, while i was a Satanist i was dating a cute little christian girl. She knew i was a Satanist and though it bugged her, we just ignored eachothers spiritual beliefs.

Mutually exclusive compenents CAN be held by the same object sometimes. In this case, a relationship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding One's own path _
PostSubject: Re: Finding One's own path   Finding One's own path I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding One's own path

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Spiritual Link :: Our Paths :: Spiritual paths, Religions, Philosophies-