Your Spiritual Link
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where we can all get together....and discus our abilities...and spiritual topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Greetings welcome to the forum!Basically this is a forum where we can all get together and discuss our abilities and spiritual topics and plenty more.Its a forum where we don't judge but accept you for who you are.We are always looking forward for people who are open minded!So come join the family!

Share | 

Is it because they are afraid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ella Moor
Admin
Ella Moor

Is it because they are afraid? _
PostSubject: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:31 am

People these days judge others because of their religion.If you even mention magik...or that you are a wiccan in public people will look at you in such a negative way.

Why do they do this?
Do you believe it's because they are afraid?
Back to top Go down
http://www.yourspirituallink.com/
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 am

Probably. People fear things they don't understand.
Back to top Go down
jak

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:59 am

i ve thaught long and hard about this and it goes back to the salem witch trials people fear what they dont understand and if someone is scared eanough the "fight or flight" instinct kicks in, now back then there wasnt the laws we have today, back then even if you were a good witch you were persucuted.

In my eyes the root of this fear and hatred or suspecion is from the bible because in it it says that witchcraft and witches are evil and minions of demons and devils, christians also beleive that the pentagram basically makes a portal for the devil and how many people in the world are christians, that means that we have how many people thinking we are evil, in the past how many people were killed in exorsicims to get the evil out of them.

i know i ramble quite a bit if you can make sense of this let me know.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRaven87
Admin
BrokenRaven87

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 pm

It is exactly because they fear what they do not understand. Society is messed up.
Back to top Go down
Ella Moor
Admin
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:26 am

Indeed I totally agree that they are afraid......people are always afraid of something they don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Ella Moor wrote:
Indeed I totally agree

You need to spend less time time talking to me... You're using my words lady - don't make me pwn you with my awesome pwn powers.

FYI people don't always fear things they don't understand. A lot of people would like ot research it & understand it. It's just the minority that build a sterotype for the majority =)
Back to top Go down
Ella Moor
Admin
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Martyr wrote:
Ella Moor wrote:
Indeed I totally agree

You need to spend less time time talking to me... You're using my words lady - don't make me pwn you with my awesome pwn powers.

FYI people don't always fear things they don't understand. A lot of people would like ot research it & understand it. It's just the minority that build a sterotype for the majority =)

Indeed!
I agree with you on this...but most of the time people do research about these topics....but they still have the audacity to mock others.
Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Human nature.
Back to top Go down
Ella Moor
Admin
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:30 pm

But there are others....who research and they stop mocking others because they start to truly understand the meaning.

Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Meaning is something we give to an object or a subject to show it has significance to you.

Everyone will have their own "true meaning".
Back to top Go down
Ella Moor
Admin
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
jak

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:05 pm

i beleive this thread has officially been indeed ed
an has reached it mas on the word indead
Back to top Go down
Zero

Zero

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:39 am

I don't think its fear so much as general negative connotations. I know before I learned about the belief system behind wicca and witchcraft, if someone told me they were a witch I'd think they were crazy since up to a point I thought it was just fiction Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.parascientifica.com/forums/
Ella Moor
Admin
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:47 am

Quote :
I thought it was just fiction Razz

All these movies and books that shows witches doing negative things also makes people afraid...since they do not know how to separate the true facts from the ones that are false.
Back to top Go down
Zero

Zero

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 am

Because they mostly just don't know any true facts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parascientifica.com/forums/
jak

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:38 pm

and that is the way the world is destined to go until the majority of the pupulation starts to learn what stuff is, and i am not saying i hate obama but with the way things are going people are learning to investigate things for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

Comments : There are no emotions
There is peace

There is no ignorance
There is knowledge

There is no passion
There is serenity

There is no chaos
There is harmony

There is no death
There is the Force

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 8:02 am

Hello

Several years ago, a catholic told me that he did not want to have any information about magick, because he was afraid of it.

I told him back that for me it was the other way around. The information I got about catholizism made me afraid of it ;-)

In Germany many people see it like this: Every negative reaction is based on fear.
So for us, logically, it is because of fear.

Greetings

Shade
Back to top Go down
Ella Moor
Admin
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Shade over here its basically the same.
People never want to actually face their fears and just try to look into the topic and understand that basically there is nothing to fear at all.

I believe that Catholic religion also has to do with spirituality....isin't praying spiritual? Isin't worshiping god like worshiping a goddess?
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

There is peace

There is no ignorance
There is knowledge

There is no passion
There is serenity

There is no chaos
There is harmony

There is no death
There is the Force

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:52 am

Hello Ella,

I will try to explain it differently

A spiritual person might well be religious, but not every religious person is spiritual ;-)

I think it depends on the motive, why a person choses a path.
For example in Luxembourg, "Religion" at school means catholic teaching. Those pupils rarely know anything about any other religion or the idea to be spiritual without being religious.

Greetings

Shade
Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Ella Moor wrote:

People never want to actually face their fears

Ignorance is bliss.

I would happily trade away my intelligence & the things i know. Often, they've caused me nothing but trouble =)
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

There is peace

There is no ignorance
There is knowledge

There is no passion
There is serenity

There is no chaos
There is harmony

There is no death
There is the Force

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello Martyr,

How come?
Isn't it just the point, what you use your knowledge and intelligence that make them cause you trouble?

Greetings

A curious Shade
Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Yes & No.

For example in school i would get in trouble a lot, because i wasn't challenged intellectually and consequently used my knowledge to blow up the school toilets with some high explosive i made in chem.

Another example is i dated a girl who was pretty smart. She got avergae grades, did well in school & was just plain sexy. Though knowing the huge gap in our IQ's made sex feel like bestiality for me. I really wanted to like her because she was a really nice girl though in the end i couldn't even look at her in the eyes. :/
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

There is peace

There is no ignorance
There is knowledge

There is no passion
There is serenity

There is no chaos
There is harmony

There is no death
There is the Force

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 am

Hello Martyr,

Well, isn't intelligence the fact to do things and KNOWING the consequences ;-)

So the questions is: Was it really intelligence that got you into trouble?

Greetings

Shade
Back to top Go down
Martyr
Admin
Martyr

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:16 am

You can be aware of the consequences & just not care.
Back to top Go down
Relic

Relic

Comments : I am here to meet new people and see what I can learn from others. If there is something you would like to learn about me just ask.

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Everyone has a very good point and all of you are right IMO. These folks that believe we are evil so to speak have not enough sense to step out of their norm to realize there is nothing EVIL about our paths.

To this day my husband has a friend that says if he ever proves I am Wican he will disown me. I told him get to disowning baby!!!! But he is convinced my husband would not be married to someone like that Sad WHATEVER ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it because they are afraid?   Is it because they are afraid? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it because they are afraid?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Spiritual Link :: Our Paths :: Spiritual paths, Religions, Philosophies-